SC - Russian embassy meal

Chris and Trish Makowski roecourt at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 13 21:48:03 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com>
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Monday, September 13, 1999 22:43
Subject: Re: SC - Russian embassy meal

>--- "Alderton, Philippa" <phlip at morganco.net> wrote:

>Yes that is mostly true.  That is what I meant by
>personal use.  However, you cannot advertise that
>alcohol is part of your menu, regardless of who pays
>for it.  No feast steward, feastocrat, kitchen god or
>whatever you want to call the position can put alcohol
>on the menu.  The only alcohol allowed is what the
>individual diner brings on his/her own. No taverns are
>allowed at wars, regardless of who is paying for the
>alcohol.  And you still cannot offer alcohol as a
>gift, or a promisory note for such, to any monarch
>regardless of whether you are giving it as one
>individual to another individual.

As this is my PERSONAL feast, and my PERSONAL entry into a culture contest,
and only my PERSONAL funds are going into it, and I am serving the guests
PERSONALLY after requesting ID liquers I have PERSONALLY bought and brewed
in my PERSONAL embassy in my PERSONAL pavilion there is NO, I repeat NOOOOOO
conflict with anything the BoD has to say.

Is this clear enough for those debating this? I'm sorry to be upset but I am
sweating blood over this feast, and trying to get my foods and drinks
togather. I am NOT serving it to the populace in general, only my friends
and the judges, as is custom in this area.  This is not a flame, but this is
a stupid, silly and pointless thread as this is NOT repeat NOT an official
feast of ANY official barony, shire, kingdom or anything else for that
matter. Drop it, stop discussing it, leave my blasted feast alone so I don't
get dragged by kith and kin to the keyboard from my kitchen as I prepare for
this just to answer silly unapplicable concerns regarding a personal menu
that EVERYONE else realized based on my prior posts WAS SUCH. I asked for
suggestions from those who have made period Russian food, not a bloody flame
war over the presence of booze in the blasted SCA.

Papa Gunthar, I'm sorry if this offends, but I'm tired of the silly nonsense
and nose poking when people haven't an idea of what's going on.

I'm going back to my kitchen now, and burning my soap box on the way.

Anya the chef, founder and SOLE PROVIDER of the disputed bloody feast.