SC - Walking onions revisited-info

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 19:41:33 PDT 1999

Subj:    Re: Gurney's: Request for Information
Date:   9/14/99 5:13:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:   info at gurneys.com (Gurney's Customer Service)
To: LrdRas at aol.com (L. J. Spencer, Jr.)

I sent a request about the Walking onion question we touched on a couple of
days ago to the company I originally purchased them from. Now we know the
facts. This is the response I received:

Dear Gurney Gardener:

Egyptian walking onions are indeed different from garlic chives.  The
onions are in the aggregatum group of the Allium cepa species.  The Chives
are in the Allium tuberosum species.

Sincerely,

Gail