SC - Dragon Stew (recipe)

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 20:55:27 PDT 1999

Ras accuses (and rightly so!):

>>Spoon Tease! :-0<<

so here it is:

Dragon Stew

Ingredients:

1 medium-sized stewing dragon
1 acre potatoes
3 wains large yellow onions
4 carts carrots
3 bushels peas
2 pecks garlic
1 bay leaf
A goodly-sized rock

Directions:

Feed garlic to the dragon, reserving 2 cloves.  After 1 hour, take the rock
and pund the dragon smartly betwixt the eyes.  Repeat as necessary.  Flense
dragon and dredge lightly in flour.  Put cubed dragon in a phenomenally large
cauldron and add enough spring water to cover.  Bring to a boil whilst
peeling and dicing vegetables.  Add vegetables and spices, including the 2
remaining cloves of garlic. Lower flame and let simmer until the dragon is
tender -- about a fortnight.  Serves 500 villagers or one large troll.

As I said, I've never tried it myself -- no place to store the leftovers,
since I don't have 500 villagers or a troll.  But it is nicely calligraphed
and illustrated and hangs in my kitchen.

Renata