SC - was buffalo wings now spiedies

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 16 09:53:14 PDT 1999

Good history about spiedies.  I live in the Southern Tier so I can add
something which I was surprised wasn't mentioned.

There is a spiedie festival, which involves lots of spiedies and other
food, balloon rides.  It was started a while ago, and has turned into quite
a tourist attraction to celebrate the birth place of spiedies.  I think it
is around the time of Pennsic, I think the weekend before the NY state fair
starts.

A most famous spiedie (and other general purpose) marinade is Salamida's
marinade that is for sale in local stores here and maybe beyond.

There is a spiedie restaurant, (well ok. hole in the wall) called Lupo's
charpit.  I think there is one in Binghamton and one in endicott, NY.

My .02 cents worth.

	Angeline