SC - Wild Boar REC ?OOP

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:08:16 PDT 1999

> >  Help! I have happened upon a breeder of wild boars in my area and I
>want
> >  to cook a leg of wild boar for a Shire pot luck on Sat. the 18th
> >  Any suggestions for herbs spices etc?
> >
> >  I currently have sage, rosemary thyme oregano, mint, chives, garlic,
>etc.
> >  growing in my herb garden.

I'm not familar with etc.  Is it hard to grow?

>Saute the cutlets in oil or butter until tender, and arrange them on
>croutons
>of fried bread.  Pour over them the pan juices mixed with a little thick
>cream and a few crushed juniper berries (1 - 2 per cutlet).  Serve with
>unsweetened apple sauce.
>
>(Incidentally, this recipe is very similar to an OOP dish I make "Pork
>Chops
>and Cream Corn" with cream corn substituted for the cream, and without the
>croutons and juniper berries.)

(I'm filing that one away...one should not read this list on
an empty stomach)

Aich! you're making me hungry IP and OOP.  I was thinking that she
COULD roast it over a fire with a little thyme, rosemary and mint.
That sounds cool to me.  It'll be a bit gamey unless the boar
was fed grains and as it was said before it'll be quite intense
if it's ungelded.  Stew is another option with field veggies...

Now I'm hungry for pork or ham.... *sighs*

Cadoc MacDairi

Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

"Dream of the the pictures
That run in the night
See us together
Chasing the moonlight"