SC - [Fwd: [Summits] Interesting News Item]

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 10:01:08 PDT 1999

[...]

``Fooles and Fricassees, Food in Shakespeare's England,'' a new exhibition
at the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., uses rare books,
prints and drawings to examine more than 100 years in the evolution of
English food preparation and consumption. The exhibition also recognizes a
few unsung heroines -- both those who cooked the food and those who told
the newly emerging mercantile class how to eat it.

[...]

I have more information on this from the Atlantian MoAS and would love to go
see it.  DC is just within a daytrip distance from central NC.  The exhibit
is there until early December if I recall correctly.  Our cooks and
poisoner's guild is meeting sunday after the baronial meeting and I'm going
to propose a road trip. Anyone want to meet there?

Bonne