SC - spaetzle

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 00:31:28 PDT 1999

I find this very interesting because my grandmother
made spaetzle not by rolling them out or by ricing the
dough, but by spooning the dough directly from the
bowl into the boiling water.  My grandmother also made
noodles by rolling them out and slicing them.  She
also made dumplings using a different recipe.  The
noodles she called "Knoedel" and the dumplings
"Dumpfknoedel".
And these were completely different in taste from her
spaetzle.  I am wondering if her method of making
spaetzle is an older version than the other two
methods.  My grandmother was from East Prussia.

Huette