SC - Re: Welcome to sca-cooks

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Sat Sep 25 05:05:23 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/25/99 4:37:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:

<< Do you have a Gazpacho recipe that
 doesn't contain tomatos? >>

The recipe in question was used by my Laurel, Mistress Dulcinea (ok,
actually, it's Baronessa Maestra Dulcinea Maria Magdalena Von Mulhberg et
Aguilar- I just like to do that :)  It is as someone has already pointed out,
made with bread crumbs, grapes and almonds and garlic- pretty tasty- I
remember putting it together for the Coronation of Rebecca and Branos. She
hasn't found her recipe (it is in the dredges of her basement), but I am
actually looking for the article in the Smithsonian that links it to an
ancient Roman recipe.

In terms of researching the Smithsonian, I was told that it can be done
electronically for a fee at my local public library, a fee I am trying to
avoid. I want to do the research myself if I can, it's just that I could use
some help on the title, date or something that might trigger locating it
other than manually reviewing every table of contents for the past 10 years
(yuck) I may be reduced to doing that however as I need this thing for next
weekends RUM.

Thank you to everyone for your help.
Hauviette