SV: SC - Bread

Anna Jartin anna.jartin at goteborg.utfors.se
Sun Sep 26 13:03:07 PDT 1999

Lady Cristal,

I have made bread for breakfast in Visby a couple of times. In our camp we were 10 persons and I baked about 30 flat rolls at a time. I used a big cauldron with a lid which I heated for about 30 minutes over an open fire (about 10 inches above the fire).
I used a dough consisting of water, wheat flour, yeast, salt and honey, and I then made flat cakes that I allowed to rise for about 10 minutes. I but them in a circle around the bottom of the cauldron and but on the lid. I flipped them after about 5 minutes and then allowed them to bake about 5 more.
All in all I didn't spend too much time over the fire making breakfast.
My hung-over friends liked them very much with their oatmeal ; )
Hope this helps a little, at least as a sign it can be done : )

YiS
Lady Uta, Gotvik, Nordmark