SC - A Bid for Consultation

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sun Sep 26 19:33:41 PDT 1999

Generally, the most useful advice I've gotten from these guys (I haven't
done a feast yet) has been to figure out how much you'd serve for a table,
be it 8 or 10, then multiply by however many tables you have.In other words,
if your tables would serve 8, and you're serving a hundred people, plan on
12 and 1/2 tables, or 13, plus however many servers and kitchen staff you'll
be feeding. Maybe 14 or 15 tables?

This has made it conceivable for me- I've never had to feed more than 20 at
a time- because it breaks it down to one of my favorite sayings, "How do you
eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio