SC - Blackberry/Apple Pie

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon Sep 27 19:20:37 PDT 1999

Besides the other email regarding the as-close- to-period as I could come
stuff the modern recipe is Better Homes and Gardens, New Cook Book, pg 125. I
often refer to it for quantities and it has been very reliable.

Fruit Crisp
5 cups sliced peeled apples, pears, peaches or apricots, or frozen
unsweetened peach slices
2 to 4 TBS sugar
1/2 cup regular rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, ginger, or cinnamon
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/4 cup chopped nuts or coconut
Vanilla ice cream

For filling, thaw fruit, if frozen. Do not dreain. Place fruit in an 8 by 1
1/2 " aking dish.For topping, in a mixing bowl wombine oats, brown sugar,
flour, and spices. Cut in marg or butter till mix resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in nuts or coconut. Sprinkle topping over filling.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30-35 min(40 min if thawed fruit) or till fruit
is tender and topping is golden. Serve warm with ice cream or light cream, if
desired . Serves 6

Sounds pretty good to me.

Hauviette