SC - temporary good-bye

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Sep 27 20:31:07 PDT 1999

Greetings all!

Anya, congrats on what sounds like a wonderful time! I hope that you will
do it again soon!

I on the other hand had a BAD weekend- two flat tires, nasty episode of
IBS, a nasty run-in (in public, unfortunately) with someone whom I can't
agree with, not enough sleep, and today the computer crashed in a big and
ugly way (I'm currently at a friends' house) and it (appropriately named
Arundel) is in computer ICU. The fan died completely and maybe took the
hard drive with it. Don't know yet, but probably expensive. Maybe
disasterously so (I'm still unemployed). Sooo.... I will be unsubscribing
for the duration, briefly, I hope, because this is by far the highest
volume list I'm on and I don't want to jeopardize my disk quotas, etc. As
soon as I'm back on-line, I'll be back.

Before I forget- I served a salad the other night that I have decided I
just _love_- from a cookbook by Claudia Rodin- simply sliced oranges,
sliced radishes, salt, and lemon juice. Is there any chance it is a period
recipe? She usually says so when it is, but not always. If anyone has an
idea I'd like to know, maybe off-list or pass a message through Seumas...
BTW, you might be able to get Seumas to tell you about our dinner Saturday
night- I didn't get all of the dishes made and I still think that I
outdid myself...

Oh well- I need to go- can't hog Alys' computer all night...

See you all when I get back,

love,
'Lainie

(Queen Carmen waves her eyestalks at you and says 'Bananas and Bye for
now!')