SC - temporary good-bye

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Sep 27 20:14:56 PDT 1999

>Before I forget- I served a salad the other night that I have decided I
>just _love_- from a cookbook by Claudia Rodin- simply sliced oranges,
>sliced radishes, salt, and lemon juice. Is there any chance it is a period
>recipe? She usually says so when it is, but not always.

As best I recall, the period recipes in her Middle-Eastern Cookbook were
from al-Baghdadi, which is 13th c. I believe that puts it before sweet
oranges got to the Mediterranean. Would the recipe work with sour oranges?
In any case, you could look through al-Baghdadi--off hand it doesn't remind
me of anything.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/