Funeral Feasts - was Re: SC - Marion Zimmer Bradley: MourningSong (FWD)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 10:18:14 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/28/99 12:16:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< I remember thinking it both bizarre and not a little tacky, but if it is
 some kind of regional folkway, I can't complain. Has anybody run across
 anything like this before?

 Adamantius >>

Yes, Leaving funeral food at the home of the bereaved is to welcome death to
their door. We always brought home our leftovers as you describe and then
discarded them when we returned home.

Ras