SC - Re: Funeral Feasts--Mostaccioli

Jennifer Rushman rushmaj at notes.basf-corp.com
Wed Sep 29 07:42:47 PDT 1999

From: LrdRas at aol.com
In a message dated 9/28/99 7:27:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rushmaj at basf-corp.com writes:
<< mostaccioli >>
?
Ras

Mostaccioli is a pasta dish I've had fairly frequently at social gatherings:
funerals, weddings, christenings/baptisms, graduation parties, family
reunions, etc.
It's a particular pasta (ridged tubes, 1-2" long, 1/4" dim) served in a
tomato or tomato and meat sauce.  When I make it at home I just use
any favorite spaghetti sauce and either put in ground beef or Italian
sausage.  Sometimes it's even baked in large batches with melted
cheese (mozarella) on top, then called 'Baked Mostaccioli'.  It think it's a
favorite at parties as it's easy to make in large batches, filling, can
be low fat, not too expensive and most people will eat it (even kids).
Gee and I'm not even Italian...
CH
- --
L. Clare Hele, Barony of Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
Jennifer Rushman, RTP, NC