SC - Kindergarden through 3rd

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Thu Sep 30 09:08:04 PDT 1999

>>  herself was at an event in Warrior Run about 6-10 years ago and she
>>remembers
>>  that it was deep fried orange slices. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

The deep fried orange slices (served with a honey sauce) is a favorite of
the Baron Talanque, and is served to him each year at the feast honoring
him. Do I know the source for it? ummm, no? And the head cook (THL Gillian
of Lynnhaven) who prepares the menu each year is on a hellacious out of
town trip. HOWEVEVER, I know her roomie pretty well (Dame Catherine
deSteele). I'll tap her on the shoulder today and see if perhaps she knows
where Gil stashed the documentation, or if she even knows where the recipe
came from.

My only concern with something like the deep friend orange slices and
persons of the Kindegarten-3rd grade level is the absolute TERROR of
working with pans of hot oil.  My vote would go to pasties, shortbreads,
those cool oatcakes that got discussed a month ago, things like that.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.