SC - german/prussian recipe, help needed

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 16:00:57 PDT 1999

Thank you.

I guess I am a half-spoon tease, then.

I am working on putting my grandmothers recipe in
written form, but I haven't finished it yet.  My
mother learned the recipe from her mother, but hasn't,
until
now, been willing to show me how to make it.  Every
time I asked, her response had been that it was just
quicker to make them then to show me how.  But she is
now 83 and I have been pressuring her to do so before
it is too late and the recipe is lost.  I was hoping
that I could speed the process by finding an already
written recipe, because Mom makes these by feel rather
than by recipe.  When I am satisfied with the recipe,
I will post it.

My grandmother used to make the best stollen, but my
mother was never interested in learning how to make
it, so that recipe has been lost for future
generations.  I won't let this happen with this
recipe!

Huette