SC - The Color Blue

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Sep 1 19:32:01 PDT 1999

alysk at ix.netcom.com wrote:

> 7. Indigo stone dissolved in water.  This is not from a period reference but from a cookery book
> of 1909.  However, "indigo woad" or "yned wawdeas" is listed under the color green.

If I may be so bold as to add a potential eighth:
8. The combination of blackberries and blanched almonds, as in that
Cerulean Sauce for Summer, found in the Redon "The Medieval Kitchen".
This would be a deep purplish blue. I've seen indigo-colored mawmenny
made from ground boiled chicken meat, ground blanched alomonds, red
wine, and various other ingredients, so apparently the almonds and the
red juicy stuff produce this effect.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy