SC - icelandic sour Dough?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 2 05:17:51 PDT 1999

Tollhase1 at aol.com wrote:

> believe that some good gentle was upset about what they believe someone
> thought of their idea about dough.

I believe what the lady said was something to the effect that she was
beginning to wish she hadn't made the claim, or asked the question,
which started the whole discussion of dough in the first place. I didn't
get a sense of anger or anxiety from that; more of a "Such a fuss over
nothing!" type of reaction.

>  Some people seem to nit pit.

Some even talk for hours about fruiting bodies! ;  ) Nits, BTW, are the
tiny eggs of lice: that's always helped me keep nit-picking, as an
activity, in perspective. Some people just need to do it. It's their
problem, not yours.

> Some tend
> to be generalist.

I _never_ make generalizations. Well, rarely. Except sometimes. Call it,
hmmmm, maybe I'll make a blanket, unilateral generalization _no more
frequently_ than, say, every other Wednesday. With, naturally, some
qualifications..... ..... .......

> I tend to learn from the differing view points.  My
> examples were only meant to be that, of differing views.  Hopefully we would
> laugh as I gave my speech upon my oop soap box.

Yeah, we probably wouldn't throw fruit. Not much, anyway.

With regard to bean pottages with smoked sausage therein, it seems quite
likely such a food existed in period (I'm betting Southwestern France
before the 16th century) but I'm not aware, offhand and in my current
non-caffeinated state, of any proof of this. We can either proceed from
the likelihood or from the absence of proof, as per personal choice.

Adamantius (carefully advocating neither approach over the other)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com