SC - Fwd: Re: [Mid] In defense of Midrealm cooking.

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Thu Sep 2 21:32:35 PDT 1999

CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!  YEA!  WHOO HOO!!!  CLAP!CLAP!CLAP!
I like this statement!
Christianna

> This turned up on the MiddleBridge, the Middle Kingdom general
>discussion list, in response to the standard "there are no authentic,
>edible recipes"comment. I thought it might entertain this list.
>Catherine Aimee

> >To the wonderful person who may think less of our cooking in the
> Midrealm,
> >
> >I, Hugo, do hereby selflessly and with much humility swear to eat
> for you, your portion of any authentically period feast.  I proclaim
here
> and now that I shall also make special efforts to save you from the
desert  course. As a matter of fact, I will also do my best to save every
one else from the perils of a Midrealm desert course.

> >Yes, this may mean throwing myself in front of a charging lamb
> roasted to perfection by one of our many talented Midrealm cooks, but I
will  make this sacrifice.  Should you ever be threatened by a dangerous,
yet  finely crafted plum pudding, my trusty wooden spoon and trencher
will be there to save you.