SC - SC Re: New CA: French Food in the Renaissance

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Fri Sep 3 06:42:14 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 3 Sep 99,, that Terri Millette wrote:

>  It definitely bore little or no resemblance to
> Kraft Cracker Barrel Cheddar.
>
> Adamantius
>
> Poor Master, has no one ever introduced to to some of Cabbots
> finest?, but then I forgot, you're from NewYork, they don't let
> Vermont sharps cross the boarder do they?
>
> Fiona

Vermont cheddars, such as Cabot, are indeed excellent.  I spent
Christmas in Vermont, and I practically ignored my tiny once-a-year box
of Godiva chocolate in order to be able to have crackers with my
cheddar cheese at evening snack time.  Here in New Jersey, we often
find New York cheddars which are white and sharp and tasty and
nothing like Cracker Barrel.  And this is the basic no-brand stuff, that
they sell in the supermarket -- I'm sure the premium varieties are better
still.  New York can hold its head up when it comes to dairy products.

Brighid
(New Jersey transplant, born in the Bronx, raised in Westchester)

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net