SC - Russian Black Bread

Chris and Trish Makowski roecourt at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 3 22:45:43 PDT 1999

As I prepare to attack my kitchan in preperation for Elfsea Defender, I've
been going through my messages looking for what we decided on how they made
Russian black bread dark, other than the modern instant coffee, chocolate
and molasses? I think the Molasses may be period, but I know the coffee and
chocolate aren't. If I leave out the coffee and chocolate and increase the
molasses a bit, would it taste right and look dark enough?

Anya