SC - Gulf War Cook's party

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Sep 8 21:52:32 PDT 1999

> > I think that would be wonderful. Unfortunately, last year we didn't
> > seem to get anything organised before Gulf Wars. At Gulf Wars a few of us
> > tried to get something organised. Unfortunately, we chose Friday evening
> > and we did not have a pavilion or other covered space lined up. The skies
> > opened up with the rain Friday morning and pretty much stopped the War.
>
> I offered the Ansteorran Royal pavillion to be used. It's not often you get
> clout like that. Unfortunately it was schedueled to be held the same time
> as Ansteorran Court so things had to change.

I don't remember a specific time or date ever being discussed here on this
list. At the event, those of us trying to put things together chose Friday
instead of Thursday since we were planning things Wednesday night and didn't
think we could get word out for a Thursday night get-together.

If the problem was just the time and we could have gotten use of the pavilion
on a different date, I'm sure that would have been fine with most folks.

> > So this year I would like to organise things more using this list, before
> > the war.
>
> And I may even be available to help this time.
>
> Gunthar

Do you think the pavilion would be available again this year? Or perhaps
we should see if we could schedule use of one of the class pavilions as
we've done at Pennsic?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: