SC - Petit Propos Culinaires - website

Jessica Tiffin jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za
Thu Sep 9 09:38:28 PDT 1999

> Ummmm....... tried to get into this site but the following message came up :
> "Error The requested item could not be loaded by the proxy. Document contains no
>  data"
> ******************************
> The latest edition of Petit Propos Culinaires, the food history
> journal, advertises their new website at
> http://members.tripod.com/rdeh

Well, my browser finally came online, and I had no problem getting
into the site; I don't know if it makes a difference to use
tripod.com/rdeh/ instead of tripod.com/rdeh

As advertised, they have the index for the whole of PPC up to no. 55,
as well as the Oxford Symposium 1981-1994.  You can search the
indexes by keyword, or look through them under subject headings;
they are  indexed alphabetically by title of paper, author and
keyword, with a subsection on recipes. PPC also has a subsection for
book reviews.

Of course, all this is fine and well but you don't actually have
access to the _information_, dammit: but as far as I know the Oxford
Symposiums should be available through inter-library loan, and PPC
sells back issues... The PPC index may be of more use to people who
actually subscribe to the journal, but I suppose it could also be
available through ILL?

The one thing the site doesn't actually give is PPC subscription
info, which is a little maddening; the subscription address for USA
subs is 45 Lamont Rd, London SW10 0HU, and you'd pay $7.95 for a back
number, less if you order several back issues.  If anyone wants the
subscription details from other countries, please feel free to email
me!

Jehanne

Jehanne de Huguenin, called Melisant  *  Seneschal, Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town
(Jessica Tiffin, University of Cape Town)
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.