SC - SC-OT-For Cooking Laurels/Pelicans

Rayne/Richard PRIDEelectric at centuryinter.net
Thu Sep 9 09:08:57 PDT 1999

While looking for facts for the statement below, LrdRas, please furnish a few for
yours about Pelicans.  I met my own Peer - a Pelican-  in the Kitchen, not
cleaning or scrubbing (although she does both), but cooking.  My Mistress is one
of the best Cooks that I know, in and out of the Society (and she wears feathers,
not leaves)

I find the Pelicanate is one of the Peerages that tends to be harder to define in
simple one word terms.  Knights - fight, Laurels - create, Pelicans - serve.
(Yes, I know that there is more to each than the one word above...)  But Service
is harder to define.  My Peer serves when she prepares meals at events.  I make
Kingdom regalia and illuminate Kingdom award scrolls.  For me this is service.  I
perform a service for my Kingdom by doing this.  I live in the middle of nowhere
and have found something I can do way up here to serve and mail it in.  At Pennsic
I attended scroll classes and found my "yellow belt" was the only one in a sea of
green.

Rayne
Meridies