SC - Cooking a Dragon

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sun Sep 12 21:26:06 PDT 1999

Mordonna asks:

>The Barony of SunDragon is holding an A&S defender's tourney next weekend.
One of the targets shall be a Dragon.  Anyone out there got a recipe for
Dragon so the meat won't be wasted?  I know I saw a couple on the list a
year
or so ago................. <

Actually, Dragons are easy to cook, if you do it right.

First thing you need to know, is if it's a firedrake, or an icedrake. This
is Very Important!!!!!!!!!

If a firedake, the best way to cook it is by freezing- sufficient fire to
roast most animals will simply bring it back to life, firedrakes being close
relatives to the Phoenix, and that can be most disconcerting- after all, the
idea is that the food must be well done, not the feasters.

If it's an icedrake, obviously the opposite must apply- unfortunately, you
must determine here it it's a daydrake or a nightdrake. If a daydrake, an
oven will suffice- after all, it's used to sunshine half the year, and will
not dissolve upon exposure to heat. A TRUE icedrake however, must be exposed
merely to the heat of your thoughts, as even the sun for a moment might turn
it then to stone. The best method is for people to stand well away from the
drake, whispering "heat", rather like one must do to produce a properly dry
martini, but in this case you don't need a shaker......

How was it killed? Was it cleaned properly?

This too is important. If killed by Knight, it must be cleaned by a Date, if
by a Date, it must be cleaned by Knight. There is no excuse for improper
preparation of Dragon, other than sheer laziness on the part of the
participants. Cleanliness of spirit must be observed at all times- political
softsoap, also known as political correctness, is anathema to proper
preparation of dragons, otherwise one might find this most toothsome
immorsel totally stoned. This is not entirely a bad thing- if it's a rock,
it's time to roll.

Since it seems that I have become Slumlady of the Rock, do I have any
volunteers to dig my fire and ice pits?

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio