SC - Cooking a Dragon

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 11:19:35 PDT 1999

Saluti Lady Philippa,

Whilst you address the killing and proper cleaning of the dragon, what I
desire to know is, are dragons plucked, descaled or skinned?

My reasoning follows thusly...

Chickens are the descendants of lizards, likewise are dragons. They also
share the common traits of flight and warmbloodedness. Therefore it could be
argued that like chickens, dragons are plucked.

But dragons also have scales like a fish, hence one could descale the beast.

Yet often we hear the term 'dragonskin', which would intimate that they are
skinned.

One might also follow the theory held by a lesser number of scholars that
dragons are coldblooded - in which case one can't really skin them.

Yet can all dragons swim? There is insufficient documentation to support the
theory they can. If not, this negates the 'descaling' of the animal.

Lastly, it is perhaps a great insult to compare that most noble, intelligent
and ferocious of beasts, the dragon, to the common everyday (and brainless)
chicken (however tasty both might prove in consumption). Therefore mayhap
the term 'plucking' cannot be applied to a dragon either.

Having achieved nothing other than circuituitosness in my arguments, I await
your conclusions with bated breath.

Al Vostro e al Servizio del Sogno
Lucretzia

Lady Lucrezia-Isabella di Freccia   |  mka Tina Nevin
Thamesreach Shire, The Isles, Drachenwald | London, UK
thorngrove at geocities.com | http://www.geocities.com/~thorngrove
"There is no doubt that great leaders prefer hard drinkers to good
versifiers" - Aretino, 1536