SC - Early Spanish Feast

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Sep 13 11:43:33 PDT 1999

Hi all,

I am helping do a Feast here in Ealdormere (NO I am not heading it
up!!) with the theme being early Spanish. I have absolutely no
knowledge of this time frame, nor geography.

What I would like to do is open the floor for discussion with an eye
to educate on this era. Is there suitable documentation that I can
refer to? Is there anyone out there that can wax eloquent on this? If
so, PLEASE feel free to. I know Dame Siglinde has been in touch with
Cariadoc but as yet I have not been able to compare notes with her. I
am also doing lunch (for 100) and would also like to continue this
theme as well.

I am also looking for information as to how servers would have
"served" this feast in a noble house of that time with all the
flourishes and proper attendance, complete with proper garb for same.
Should make for some good schtick! :)

It has also come to my attention that she (Siglinde) is in possession
of a copy of 7th century cook book?!?!?!? Is this possible? Am I being
a complete idiot here? I thought....

Anyway, any information or direction to resources would be greatly
appreciated.

Micaylah