SC - For Submission to the Chronus

cclark at vicon.net cclark at vicon.net
Wed Sep 15 06:28:51 PDT 1999

Mordonna wrote:
> ... Grill over a hot fire, until the pork is done in the
>center.  Save any drippings ...

I was just looking at some period pictures in _Fast_and_Feast_ by Bridget
Ann Henisch, and it looks to me like it might be better to grill/roast
*beside* the fire, not over it. That way the drippings pan can go next to
the base of the fire, with the heat going up away from the pan and the
drippings going only into the pan and not into the fire.

The spatial arrangement would be something like this:

         meat
flames

 wood     pan

But I haven't yet started learning to cook with fire, so take this to be no
more than a hypothesis.

Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon