SC - Orange Omelette - original recipe

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 08:42:15 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/19/99 4:27:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, agora at algonet.se
writes:

<< But I say again the Church at Apicius time was not "our Church". >>

I fail to see the relevance of the church of Apicius as opposed to the church
in the 14th and 15th century which is the church described in the Medieval
Underworld. The Orange Omelet recipe is not Apician. Anyway, the mention of
the Church's ownership of 'stewe houses' is not meant to be a moral judgment
on the Church but rather an observation of what was done and a possible
explanation of how the recipe may have taken it's name.

As we have seen in the past on this list and other lists, dispassionate
observation of the Church is a far better road to take as opposed to
rationalizing or moralizing over the practices of it's participants in any
given time frame especially given the fact that religion in general is such
an integral part of most peoples lives today as it was then.

Anyway. my observation that the Church managed 'stewe houses' was not
intended to be a reflection or judgment on any particular moral attitude of
any particular seeing as how my own spirituality really doesn't find sexual
mores to be particularly relevant on any level that matters. :-)

Ras