SC - Wild Boar REC ?OOP

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Mon Sep 20 03:36:53 PDT 1999

Although I personally have never seen more than one nose ring, to my
recollection, I do think Ras is right in his reaction to the referenced post.  It
has been a most affordable and easy way to control a male of either animal. Not
too many full time farmers/ranchers have all the down time needed to finesse
their mature male animals to behave in the manner needed for breeding, vet
visits, etc.  Also, comparing a horse to a bovine or swine is like the proverbial
"oranges to apples".  Animals were/are treated with respect by many
farmers/ranchers who use/used rings in their noses.  Their opinion on how to
handle a difficult situation is just different from yours...and, no, I do not own
any animals with nose rings....won't even let my children have them!

Isabella