SC - Boar Recipe

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:58:00 PDT 1999

>Pork is red meat?  Then all those TV ads that I have
>been seeing here in Caid about pork being the "other
>white meat" are false advertising?

Actually, left unto itself, no animal's meat is red like beef
(not even beef).  The red color of today's beef is due to the
chemicals and processing of the stuff before it gets to market.
(trust me, when you're allergic to the stuff they pump into
commercial red meats, you learn these things). Most mammal
flesh is either a pink or brown color.  But when you cook it,
pork turns white(ish).  Beef is brownish/red if the cow doesn't get
steroids even.

Cadoc