SC - Wild Boar REC ?OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 20 14:34:47 PDT 1999

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/20/1999 8:45:02 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> macdairi at hotmail.com writes:
>
> <<  Farm raised catfish
>  tastes a whole lot better than wild catfish. >>
>
> A scurrilous and untrue statement.  Farm raised catfish is blah bland.
>
> Mordonna

Bland, perhaps, but in some cases it's considered preferable to the
flavor of the local catfish. The ones I'm familiar with, right out of my
brother's back yard, don't taste like mud, but I'm sure this varies not
only with geographically varied samples of the same species, but by
species as well.

Personally, I've never run across _any_ catfish that was much of a taste
roller-coaster-of-excitement, but that's probably why it's one of the
most popular freshwater food fish in the US...and probably also why it
responds well to blackening.

Now shad, on the other hand, is serious fish, perhaps inappropriate for
children and the infirm ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy