SC - I'm Back

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Sep 21 13:53:41 PDT 1999

Greetings to all Rock-Dwellers and Cathedral Polishers,
	I've been real busy this last week, and it caused a great back-up in my
email, so I got bounced.  I just got finished working my way through the
backlog, and have re-subscribed.
	My neice got married in Michigan this past weekend, and while we were
there, I got a chance to introduce my Lord to an authentic Michigan
Moment.  The wedding was in an historic village called Crossroads
Village, dating approximately from around the 1870's.  We took a steam
train ride, and visited a few shops and displays.  The wedding was in the
village chapel, and it was beautiful.  While waiting for the wedding to
start, we went to the Cider Mill.  They had a steam-powered cider press,
and we watched the demonstration.  Afterwards, we bought some
fresh-pressed cider, and some of the cinnamon donuts they had.  We went
outside to enjoy them on a beautiful Fall day, under a crabapple tree and
near a brook and mulberry bushes.  I looked at him and said "You are
experiencing a Michigan Moment.  When I think of Fall, this is the first
thing that comes to mind, drinking cider from a historic cider press, a
crisp day, the cinnamon donuts, everything."  He was impressed, and even
said how beautiful it was (something you are hard-pressed to get
Southerners to admit, that Michigan is beautiful!)  It has been 22 years
since we moved to Atlanta from the Detroit suburbs (West Bloomfield,
which we also drove through on Sunday, on our way to visit Canada - talk
about Memory Lane!) and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend there.  (The
rest of the food we ate was from the Holiday Inn in Flint, and was less
than memorable, but hey, the cider was good!)
	Glad to be back, have we moved beyond Russian Embassy Food and Welsh
Onions?  What's the current topic of contention?
	Christianna