Meditations- was Re: SC - Wild Boar REC ?OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 21 20:43:40 PDT 1999

Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/21/1999 10:24:11 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> phlip at morganco.net writes:
>
> << ts is the
>  sheer volume of messages from people arguing with themselves- at least they
>  must be arguing with themselves, because certainly no one else has made the
>  statements they state that they're disagreeing with. >>
>
> So, I guess you are denying that you said that people who use multiple nose
> rings for Swine are idiots.  If you didn't say it, I do apologize.

I _think_ what's being referred to was the fact that someone posted in
rebuttal of a perceived statement that nose rings were a Bad Thing, and
gave an account from personal experience that supported the notion that
they were in fact a Good Thing, when in fact no one suggested otherwise,
as far as I know.

Whether or not more than one nose ring is ever better than one nose ring
(although it sounds to me a bit like  using two harnesses on the same
horse because it's difficult to control it with one) is a matter of
professional opinion, and these are bound to vary. The use of a
pejorative term was regrettable, but I believe it was intended to be
applied to a practice, not to a person, and certainly not to any
specific person.

In conclusion, I can only say, "Snark!", and ask why nose rings are
being used on perfectly good venison anyway??

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com