SC - Icelandic Penis Museum

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Thu Sep 23 09:06:02 PDT 1999

Cadoc wrote:
>hmmm...sounds like a cured haggis of some kind,  what spices would
>they use in such a dish?  Dill?

None. This is the whole recipe, except the stomach is usually cut in 4-5
sections and sewn into small pouches which are then stuffed with the
testicles.

>In fact, I´ve only ever seen >a reindeer´s reproductive organ at The
> >Icelandic Penis Museum.

>I hope you don't mind that I'm horribly amused that such a place exists.  I
>suppose it would have to.  Is it a serious place or a
>toung-in-cheek kind of thing?

Sort of both. It is a museum, with regular opening hours - actually it is
the private collection of a guy (my son´s history teacher) who has been
passionately collecting penises for 25 years. The pride of the collection is
a 3 meter long, 20-kilo humpback whale penis. And a mouse penis that has to
be wiewed through a magnifying glass. A human one has been promised but the
donor is still alive ...

I can´t find anything in English online but here is a short article in
German, with a photo from the museum:

http://www.abenteuerreisen.de/globus/0598/wg_is_rkv__tn30__0598_03.htm

Nanna