SC - Ham

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Thu Sep 23 22:51:14 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/23/1999 10:08:19 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
troy at asan.com writes:

<<
 So while one has to specify fresh ham to distinguish it from ham, which
 is usually assumed to be cured in some way, one doesn't normally need to
 specify that it should come from a hog. Unless you're in a really
 unusual butcher shop, like the specialty Norwegian places in Bay Ridge,
 Brooklyn, which sell fennlaer, which is the name for mutton hams. But in
 addition to fennlaer, they also sell ham ;  ) >>

:-)
Or my friend out here who usually has a javelina or two in the
freezer.........
So, if I just go into some Yankee butcher shop and ask for ham, which would I
be most likely to get?  Smoked, Salted, or Sugared?

Mordonna