SC - Can medieval food be heart-smart?

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Sat Sep 25 15:30:32 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/25/99 1:56:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
THLRenata at aol.com writes:

<< Are there enuf recipes out there to pick and choose the healthiest for a
 whole feast? Or should we plan on "smartening" up a few recipes? >>

Consider doing both. I have been cooling and skimming the fat out of my
broths for a long time. Choose fish and chicken (white meat poultry) although
fish is a v egetable to most Scathians.  I believe balance is the key.

Utilizing whole grains is helpful as they are believed to fight high
cholesteral.

Exercise is a good thing too, maybe encouraging a Dance to pay homage to
those who have passed on is an idea.

If I think of any specific recipes, I'll post them.

To everyone who's loss is recent, our thoughts are with you. For those of us
who's losses are behind us, we'll never forget.

Hauviette d'Anjou