SC - Bread

LadyCristl at aol.com LadyCristl at aol.com
Sun Sep 26 11:48:14 PDT 1999

Greetings to the Cook's List,

I will be preparing a feast for Great Western War III in November and my
dream is to bake bread in our 14th century encampment.  I am assuming I will
have to bake it in a dutch oven and I will need to do a trial run (or two or
three....) to get it down.  I would like anyone's advice on the best way to
bake bread over an open fire, either wood or charcoal, and any proven recipes
for such. Also, does anyone have any simply splendorous dishes that have been
a hit at a war-feast?  I do so want to impress the encampment.  We will have
about 40 or so people for the feast.
Merci,

Lady Cristal Fleur de la Mer
Caid