Funeral Feasts - was Re: SC - Marion Zimmer Bradley: MourningSong (FWD)

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 17:56:53 PDT 1999

In a message dated 9/28/1999 2:19:24 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
THLRenata at aol.com writes:

<<
 Please excuse the Los Angeles city kid, but what is a ham biscuit? I hear
 (and read) this term frequesntly.

 Thanks! >>

A ham biscuit is a sandwich formed with a biscuit wrapped around a slice of
ham.  In my extended paternal family, (Georgia and Alabama) it was home baked
cat-head biscuits and smoked or sugar cured ham.  In my in-laws family it was
small soda biscuits and salt cured ham.  At a pot luck in Cajun country where
my maternal extended family lived, I often saw sugar or pepper cured ham
wrapped in a light, yeasty dough similar to croissant.

Mordonna