SC - meals for the eating of sins?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 30 03:52:52 PDT 1999

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> If there was such a custom, and reference to it, I'd be interested in
> knowing. I saw the "Night Gallery" episode about it in the seventies, but I
> thought it was made up.
>
> Corwyn

I believe I've heard of people eating a bread baked to symbolize the
sins of the deceased, and the trick is to find an outsider (presumably
one whose immortal soul is less important to you than that of the
deceased) to eat the bread. Never heard of it being eaten off the
remains, though. You might check Frazier's "The Golden Bough", though.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com