Funeral Feasts - was Re: SC - Marion Zimmer Bradley: MourningSong (FWD)

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:11:44 PDT 1999

>I'd necessarily say to myself, "That's the macaroni and cheese, or >the
>green bean casserole, from Aunt Mildred's funeral! I can't eat >that!"
>Maybe it's just that the funerals I've been involved with have >been at the
>end of long and painful illnesses: the funerals tended to >have just a
>touch of the party atmosphere about them because the >actual death was the
>least of the traumas connected with the person's >passing.

You can add the fact that eating tends to make people feel better as a
response and that most people don't eat before a funeral.  I know I don't.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" Father said unto his son
  Let it be written and let it be done
  Father said unto his son
  Close the door and let it be done "