SC - olives

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Apr 1 23:52:16 PST 2000

Bonne wrote:

>I know a woman whose given names are Daniel Davis (I'll leave her last name
>off, it's unimportant).  She goes by Dana, prounounced with short a sounds
>not long a and then short a.   She has older sisters, her parents had been
>saving the boy's name and finally gave it to her anyway when it seemed a son
>would never be there fate.
>
>Bonne
>(and my mom went to school with Carol Christmas, none of that girls
>graduation materials (cap, gown, notes and cards) arrived because the
>company the class was ordering from thought it was a joke.)

Having only just started reading this thread, I'll run the risk of adding a
couple more names that I've run across, bestowed upon some very nasty
parents on their children

One day I was sorting files in the office where I worked for a while and a
Mr Pipe came in.  His file was called for and since I was closest, got to
pull it.  It took me most of the walk up to the counter to realise that his
full name was Dwayne Pipe. I had to retire to the tea room for several
minutes before the chortles subsided enotgh for me to be able to work.
I also knew a Teresa Green from way back in my primary school days.
I never quite unterstood why parents would give names like that, surely it
must have something to do with a perverse sense of humour rather than a
simple mistake of not connecting the possible implications of marying a
first name like Dwayne to the surname of Pipe
- -Katerine