SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2077 - publishing a book

Devra@aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 20:59:33 PDT 2000

Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions.  I see that my original
request was less than clear.  I had a recipe already; what I was seeking
was some tips on cooking an unfamiliar meat.  The recommended
recipes, especially the ones in _Pleyn Delit_ were useful in that they
gave me some ideas about spicing (my recipe only called for "all
common spices").  I was surprised that PD gave no temperature/time
directions for roasting rabbit, but _The Joy of Cooking_ came through for
me.

The dish -- "Busaque of Rabbits" -- was okay.  I wound up spicing it
mildly, and it tasted rather like chicken in gravy.  Needs more tweaking
before I'd be willing to serve it at feast.  The sauce was supposed to be
a little sour, so I threw in some of my newly-found Goya bitter orange.  It
gave a pleasant citrus taste to the sauce, more subtle than vinegar
would have provided, I think.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann