SC - Fw: Niccolo interview

grizly@mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 3 13:00:29 PDT 2000

We are beginning to have a proliferation of folks here in Atlantia who want to
use the term "feastcrat".  I'm sorry, but I have a real problem with what I term
"constructed" words...or words that are used in ways in which they were not
intended (someone "prioritizing" things instead of "setting priorities" comes to
mind).  I've even started wishing we had another word for autocrat.  I really
like a term I've seen used here on this list on occasion, "Feast Steward".  And
of course, there's the wonderfully period term we've used for a very long time,
"Head Cook".  As for Autocrat, the term "Master/Mistress of the Hall" has a nice
ring to it.

But then I guess I'm a bit old-fashioned....

Kiri