SC - Anzac Day

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 22:13:33 PDT 2000

Hello the list!

Christianna asked me to explain Anzac Day - I'll try:

Anzac Day is a remembrance day, held on April 25th, chiefly in honour of the
Australian and New Zealand Arm every yeary Corps which was wiped out in
Gallipoli in the first world war, and has been extrapolated to include all
other events where people have died in action.  It's a fairly solemn day,
with parades (as bandsmen we always had to go around the parade twice to
bring everyone else through the town) and remembrance services, then we all
get to go out on the town in uniform (the only day of the year we're
allowed) and get plastered and play two-up, a really intelligent gambling
game based on 2 coins tossed into the air...

I'll bring the recipe for Anzac biscuits down with me tomorrow morning,
unless someone in Oz (8 hours ahead of us here) beats me to it.

Cairistiona