OT - Re: SC - Re: saffron

Black Jade Black_Jade at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 3 22:23:37 PDT 2000

Unto the Gathered Cooks did Gwynydd send the following:

>It must be remembered that they worshipped spices in period for much the
>same reasons!  I actually have never used saffron, but it doesn't smell
>particularly enticing.

Saffron looks great though. I have never been able to get the right colour
with the dodgy imitation stuff you get. For a yellow colour, nothing goes
past real saffron.  The only think I don't like about it is the cost. I
don't worship spices, although I would be lost without them. Love the
smell, love the tastes.
- -Katerine