SC - 12th C Irish Feast- Notes and recipes

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Apr 3 23:03:51 PDT 2000

Here's the recipe, my Grandma taught me:

1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
1cup rolled oats
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
125g butter
3 Tbs golden syrup
1 Tbs Boiling water
1 tsp bicorbonate of soda

Prheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
Mix the dry ingredients together.
Combine golden syrup and butter in a small saucepan and stir over low heat
until butter is melted.  Combine the Boiling water to the bicarb and then
add this mixture to the golden syrup mix.
Add to the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly mixed
Drop teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Cook for 5 minutes on the try before removing to a wire rack to cool
completely.

enjoy everyone
- -Katerine