SC - olives

CBlackwill@aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 02:26:51 PDT 2000

>From Gwynydd of Culloden (also a coffee drinker!) unto the Gathered Cooks:

Min - I am horrified that a self avowed coffee lover has fallen into the
"expresso" and "cuppaccino" trap!

Cappaccino ("coffee made on an espresso machine, topped with hot milk which
has been frothed up bu pasing steam through it." [Italian, cappuccio =
hood]) is just fine - I love that gloriously fluffy milk on top of my
coffee!  It is the constructed word "cuppaccino" to which I was objecting!
(Along with "mugaccino", and "soyccino"!  No to mention "expresso").  I did
once hear someone ask for a "flat cappaccino" - which made my blood run
cold!