SC - sugar

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Apr 4 04:34:18 PDT 2000

Black Jade wrote:

> Lee-Gwen wrote:
>
>  >It is a horror in the same class as "cupachino"!
>
> I assume you're talking about the coffee cuppaccino here.  It is NOT a
> horror, IMHO

Hmmm. I thought the horror aspect was some kind of cutesy impulse to
call it (or something!) cuppa-chino, rather than cappucino (note
transposed vowels and therefore altered meaning), which would constitute
the stuff of horror because it obliterates the honorable origins of this
particular form of cafe au lait, as well as reducing its stature to an
unimportant morning pick-me-up. Rather than all that cool stuff you
wrote about communing with the gods, etc. ;  )

Adamantius (being painfully weaned off caffeine, which probably shows...)
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com